Libraryberry

Friday, May 20, 2005

Lies in SciFi Class

They all wannabe lawyers!

Each of my classmates made three personal statements, one fictitious. Watch me as I ferret out the truth with incomparable reasoning! We join the following harangue already in progress...

...As you may recall I've already indicated my assertion that Dr. B. couldn't care less about choral music. That was pretty much an exercise in investigation and deductive reasoning. The rest of you shall all be victims of my mystic powers of prevarication identification, or as we say in the trade; "fib flaggin'."

Tina- I don't understand how someone from Norway (Norway, Maine -Ed.) with the last name Sullivan could be Native American...so that must be a fabrication.

Laurel- We never did Les Mis when I was in high school ('72 graduate) so that is definitely a falsehood. Nevermind you didn't specifically say that it was a high school production, and disregard the fact that the Les Mis London premiere wasn't until 1985.

Karen- I get the distinct impression that your first job in Maine was not as a Quaker pastor. Despite the fact that you grew up in Indiana where they grow a lot of oats, they don't grow many in Maine. Now if you'd said you were a Ocean Spray pastor...well, that makes a lot more sense because of all the cranberries in Maine, and you might have fooled me!

Paul- The vibe I get on you tells me to discount your assertion about collecting WWII firearms. It seems obvious to me that someone of French heritage would not be drawn to weapons of that era. Did the French have any weapons at all in WWII? Now, if you said you had a 60-pound noodle, that would have been my first choice.

Harolyn- Hmmm...Graduated with an Associates in 1974...same as me...so you are at least as old as me... Ran part of the boston Manarthon? Ha...I'm having troubnle typing i{i'm lasughins gso hard!

Caro- Your mother did not date Walter Miller. Some things just are and there ain't no explaining them.

Mark M.- Hey, Bud! I've got some old gravity boots for sale, but I know you don't want 'em because you don't spend any time upside down. Why, even doing somersaults makes you pass out!

Mark C.- Osaka, yes. Kyoto, no. How's that for few words?

Tresha- An English major who's favorite book is "A Clockwork Orange?" Doubtful.

Steven- Your 'wildlife' has very little to do with biology.

Jenna Joy- Angst-ridden teenage newlywed. Harvard and Oxford? Oxford and Harvard? Oxvard and Harford, maybe.

Kenzie- My dad had huge anger control issues, but nobody ever called him a behavioral technician. He was a high school teacher.

If I missed anyone I did it on purpose...the mystic powers are never wrong!

Fib flaggin' demonstrations are available at a modest fee, plus expenses, for groups or individuals. Please contact me off list.