Libraryberry

Saturday, May 07, 2005

A Farewell Shot

At Children's Lit Class

I hate this part...

"What impact has this course had on your knowledge of blah, blah, de blah-blah science, as well as your professional blah blah? How would you describe de blah blah in the Land of Children's Literature?"

Yes, I learned a lot. Sure, I now know I could write a review if somebody put a gun to my head. OK, there is a full, rich body of children's titles out there and I might actually enjoy reading one or two of them myself.

As for describing my visit to the Land of Children's Literature, it was a kind of unexpected pleasure to be reminded of the classic books I read as a child. It's the kind of experience I'd like to repeat again...in another forty-odd years.

And when I finally get around to doing it again, I want all of you there with me...you've all been very cool and it's been my pleasure to do this time with you!